Calling for entries for season two of the Volvo Sustainable Mobility Award 201229/5/12
Inviting entries the support innovative solutions in the broad area of sustainable transport
Following a successful first season of the Volvo Sustainable Mobility Award in 2011, Volvo Buses is now calling for entries for second season. Volvo is inviting groups /organizations/institutes that are working on innovative ideas to promote and support sustainable mobility. The awards aim to recognise efforts in this regard, with prize moneys of INR 1 million. Priority is given to projects already in progress and which have had a practical impact on people’s life. The last date for sending in nominations is August 31, 2012 and last date for submission of entries in September 10, 2012.
The Volvo Sustainable Mobility award supports ‘innovative solutions’ in the broad area of sustainable transport in Indian cities as also in the intercity area. The main objective is to highlight the need for effective transport & mobility system to address the requirements of rapidly growing cities and demands of passengers.
Groups, organizations and institutes working towards creating and implementing ‘innovative solutions’ in the broad area of supporting sustainable transport can register themselves via web (http://www.volvobuses.co.in/) for the second season of the ‘Volvo Sustainable Mobility Award’ 2012. Volvo Buses’ in continuing with its commitment to highlight sustainable mobility will recognise and honour groups /organizations/institutes that have made a significant impact. The winner will receive a cash award of INR 700,000 and runner-up will get cash reward of INR 300,000.
Akash Passey, Senior Vice President – Business Region International, Volvo Bus Corporation and Chairman of the Board, Volvo Buses in India said, “The response to the Volvo Sustainable Mobility Award in 2011 was encouraging. It clearly demonstrated that concerted efforts are being made among a wide cross section of stakeholders, concerned about the efficacy of existing transport systems in an urban scenario. Now we want to spread awareness about the second season of the award. We would like to reach out to more groups/institutions and invite them to participate in Volvo Sustainable Mobility Award 2012. This award reflects Volvo Buses’ commitment to our core values of Safety, Quality and Care for Environment and we hope to receive greater participation this year.”
The awards are given during the annual Sweden-India Nobel Memorial Week Seminar conducted by Volvo Buses under the patronage of Swedish Ambassador to India.
There will be a high likelihood of unique concepts getting shortlisted. However, emphasis will be on ideas that are viable and can be implemented. A jury comprising eminent people from the industry, academicians and other stakeholders will select the finalists this year too.
Interested groups /organizations/institutes can submit their registration by visiting http://www.volvobuses.co.in/.
Terms & Conditions for Eligibility
1. Organizations directly involved with manufacturing or operating public transport as part of their business are not eligible for the main award with respect to their core business
2. The first award includes a cash award of INR 700,000, while the Runner up will get an award of INR 300,000
3. Special recognitions will be conferred upon entries that have taken the first steps in making a change and need encouragement
All applicants are requested to prepare the following documents for the final submissions:
- Define the project with a clear objective
- Purpose and scope of the project
- Achievements till date
- Next steps planned
- Maximum 25 pages
- Clear Chapters in the documents
- Quantification of achievements wherever possible
- CV of the group / individuals involved
The scoring for the various nominations will largely be done with the following criteria:
- Innovativeness of the idea
- Practical Implementation
- Level of Engagement with the Society
- Achievement - Existing/Potential Impact
• Last date for registrations : August 31, 2012
• Last date for submission of final entries : September 10, 2012
• Announcement of winner : End of October